Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Natural Energy Bar Recipe!

Here is the energy bar recipe that I mentioned in my last post.  I have come to greatly enjoy these lovely little energy bars. They are great for either pre or post workout. Although, I would take heed to having before a workout unless you know your body will be fine with them, and if you're not sure, might as well give it a try and see what happens!

This recipe is easy to manipulate. If you don't like some of the nuts or fruits I put in mine, feel free to put whatever you want. I'm sure they will taste just as good!

These are the main ingredients: Rolled oats, bananas, almond or peanut butter, almonds, 3 different dried fruits, 2 other types of nuts.

 

To start with grab 2 - 2 1/2 ripe bananas, mash them and throw them into a sauce pan along with a heaping 1/2 cup of almond or peanut butter. Cook over medium heat until the contents are combined and look somewhat disgusting. Set aside to cool.


Next chop up 1/4 cup of each 3 different dried fruits. Total of 3/4 cup. I used cranberries, medjool dates, and apricots. Throw them into a bowl along with 1 cup of oats, 1/2 cup chopped almonds, and a 1/4 cup of other nuts/seeds. I used pumpkin seeds and soy nuts. I also like to add in chia seeds, but I was, unfortunately, out the last time I made them.


Next, combine the mushy ingredients with the dry.


You're almost done now! Throw the whole thing onto a 13" baking sheet pressing the ingredients evenly throughout the pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.

I added some chocolate chips to half them :)

Be sure to let them cool before you start to chop them into bars, or not, if you are super excited to try them...like I was when I first made them :D


Hope you enjoy the bars! Since this recipe can be changed easily I would love to read anybody's revisions or suggestions on making them better or a completely different bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment