Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dessert Crepes!

I told you I would do another post pertaining to food! This one is going to be about how to re-create amazing yumminess! I was first introduced to dessert crepes in San Fransisco. I was with my sisters and we were out and about discovering all that San Fransisco had to offer (since this was our first time here). We made our way to Japan town. Once there we saw many people walking around eating these adorable desserts that had cute faces made out of various types of food. We finally found the origin of these cute desserts. Therefore, we had to get one.

My little sis and I

They are so cute!

The aftermath of devouring our adorable crepes!

Since I am not in San Fransisco very often and these have become one of my favorite treats I had to figure out how to make them at home. Of course, they don't have the adorable faces on them but still turn out tasty!

Here is the recipe I use for the crepe mix:

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cooking oil
3 tablespoon sugar

I just add them all together until the batter is smooth.Then pour a small amount onto a hot pan. Circle it around the pan until it is thin and smooth. Once the batter is no longer sticky then remove from pan and transfer to a plate to let cool. Once it has cooled for about 5 minutes then you can add ice cream, whip cream, berries, or anything else you wish to have.

The great thing about this dessert is you can be creative with the inside contents! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment