Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Personal Trainer......A Cockatoo?

A personal trainer is great to have. They keep you accountable and help you to achieve your goals. I never thought my personal trainer would come in the form of a Cockatoo.
Kirby the Cockatoo
His name is Kirby. He has been around for about 8 years. When he first came into my life he was mostly just a friend, someone to talk to and hang out with. As time went on I noticed that he was not content with having our relationship at just the friendship level, he wanted more! At first I didn't really know how much more he wanted until one day when I was doing my abs and pushups he came over and joined me. He wanted to be involved, and that he did.

Resistance Training
 It started with the abs and pushups and gradually grew from there with joining me on my indoor rides or stretching routines. He can be encouraging as he bobs up and down as I'm going through my workout, but sometimes it can be annoying. But there is that side to him, as with any personal trainer, where all my working out was not enough. He wanted me to do more! And he showed this by screaming at me. His screams are quite awful and are very hard to ignore. So he gets his way more often than not.

Giving me encouraging words
Improving form

As time went on though, I noticed that his feelings for me started to grow. The screams were not only for me to do more workouts, but just so he could be with me. Since he is my personal trainer there has to be boundaries set between personal and professional. So now more of my workouts are done outside.

Successful workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment