Monday, November 26, 2012

I think I'm out of shape......for socializing!

It's kind of a funny concept to be out of shape for something other than physically working out. But I am definitely out of shape for socializing. Thanksgiving weekend has been a long weekend of socializing.

The weekend started with picking up my little sister at the Portland Airport. It is not hard to socialize with my sister by any means. Once she was home it was like she never left :D I was glad to have her home from school, so we had to spend as much time with her as we could before we had to send her back this morning. Therefore, it was inevitable that there would be late nights and early mornings.

The weekend continued with working out and putting on a dinner for family (As shown in a previous post). Then a brunch on Sunday. By this point I was starting to drag. But it was very nice to see my family, especially since a couple relatives (that I have never met, or remember) came out from Texas to visit. They were a lot of fun, and now I will have to make my way to Texas to visit them.

Sadly, Monday morning finally came and it was time to take my sister back to the airport to finish up her semester. Got up at 2:30am to make it to her flight on time, but we had to make one little detour before dropping her off. Voodoo donuts!!

We each got a mcminnville cream, which is basically just a maple doughnut with cream filling. I will have to admit though, having sugar at 4:30 in the morning doesn't settle all that well, but it did stay down. It was then time to give hugs and say our goodbyes as we watched her go through security. She won't be back home for 4 weeks.

The rest of the day went by in an unconscious mode. Glad I made it through without a scratch! After doing a swim, bike ride and grocery shopping. Now just relaxing, watching a movie I have not seen in a very long time! The Air up There.

No comments:

Post a Comment